Need an answer on what Summary Judgement means

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntington Beach, CA

in January I had a FELONY ARRAIGNMENT, which then they set a date for the PRE-PRELIMINARY HEARING which I did not show up for and now on the my record is show that they have a SUMMARY JUDGMENT scheduled for August. What does this mean?

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

4

Answered . If you failed to appear on a criminal case, a warrant was probably issued for your arrest. Your case status would be "fugitive". Summary judgements are civil in nature. Without seeing the details if your case, I don't know why it's listed as you say it is. If you want to call my office, we can look it up and see what's going on.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

4

Answered . Call Mr. Dane; what you have posted doesn't make sense.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . It means you have a warrant out for your arrest because you did not do what you were supposed to do. Summary judgement is a civil term from whence you got it, I do not know. Speak with a criminal attorney.