Need an answer on what Summary Judgement means

Huntington Beach, CA |

in January I had a FELONY ARRAIGNMENT, which then they set a date for the PRE-PRELIMINARY HEARING which I did not show up for and now on the my record is show that they have a SUMMARY JUDGMENT scheduled for August. What does this mean?

If you failed to appear on a criminal case, a warrant was probably issued for your arrest. Your case status would be "fugitive". Summary judgements are civil in nature. Without seeing the details if your case, I don't know why it's listed as you say it is. If you want to call my office, we can look it up and see what's going on.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

Call Mr. Dane; what you have posted doesn't make sense.

It means you have a warrant out for your arrest because you did not do what you were supposed to do. Summary judgement is a civil term from whence you got it, I do not know. Speak with a criminal attorney.