Need an advice

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I applied for political asylum and couldn't pass the interview. I been sent to court but the judge did not believe to my story. After that I send my papers to BIA, they also refused. I have sent again for motion to reconsidered-it did not change anything. Now I have 30 days to appeal their decision.
I got married 2 months ago, my wife also is going to apply for political asylum. My question is when the immigration will take a look at her case and see that her husband (me) has a case and he's in deportation status, is it gonna affect to their decision about her case?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

2

Answered . Probably not, as long as she has a strong case not based on your application.

2. Luis Raul Scott Jr.

4

1

Answered . It should not affect her case.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . In theory, it should not affect her case. USCIS is required to make a decision on each asylum application based on the information provided about the problems that the applicant has faced and/or will face in the country from which the person is seeking asylum. The fact that your wife married you, and that your asylum application has been denied, should not affect USCIS's decision about your wife's asylum application. Whether or not USCIS officials take a negative inference from the fact that you two are married is something that will never be known.

I strongly suggest that you and your wife both seek advice from an experienced immigration attorney near you about your immigration matters.

4. Ji Min Kim

Pro

3

Answered . Your previous immigration case should not affect your wife's asylum case.