Need advise on car accident.

Tacoma, WA |

My girlfriend got into a accident it was the other drivers fault.She has some minor back issues from it the driver is a employe of a large company here in Wa state.My problem is it only seems like her insuranc company is going to go after the car being payed off.She has three children and only makes 10 dollars an hour if thats all they pay she will be left with no money to by a cheap car to get to work with or put down on a car.This seems very wrong in 13 months she payed 4500 into her truck on payments and down paymet what is suppose to do about this?I have read of the make whole process some advise would be nice

1. They would pay fair market value for the car. If she was injured, a personal injury lawyer can pursue pain and suffering money as well.

2. Your girlfriend is entitled to the fair market value of her car/repairs to her car. She is probably also entitled to compensation for her injuries including past and future wage loss, past and future medical bills, and past and future pain and suffering. It may be worth consulting a lawyer about this - most lawyers who handle personal injury cases offer free initial consultations. I hope this helps. Good luck.

3. Your girlfriend is only entitled to fair market value of her vehicle, not replacement value. The hard truth is that the car is a lot more valuable to her that to the insurance company. You can try to negotiate that figure but usually they are pretty firm. She is also entitled to pain and suffering damages if she is injured. She should consult a personal injury lawyer before speaking with the insurance company to get a complete understanding of the law and how it works. Good luck
    K

4. What your girlfriend is entitled to is the fair market value of her vehicle. Not the amount that she actually paid. She does not have to take the first offer from the other insurance company. What is needed to research what your girlfriend could have obtained had she sold her car the day before the collision. There are various resources such as the Auto Trader, dealerships, Craig's List and the classifies. Armed with that information you can negotiate with the insurance company.

As for her back problems, I hope she is getting treatment. Hopefully those injuries are such that she can quickly recover from. A personal injury attorney may be able to help her.

5. I agree with the above answers. Which insurance company are you dealing with? If your girlfriend is in pain make sure she goes to see a doctor who documents her injuries. Was the accident here in Tacoma?

6. She should hire an attorney. Who decided her back problems were minor? She is entitled to compensation for her injury.

This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.