Need advise. Car accident. I got rear ended.

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Accident 3 weeks. Other party insurer took photos of my car and recorded statements. Adjusters comment was they are ready to close the claim at 50-50. I asked the other party insurers supervisor to re-review my case. My insurer's adjuster was out for a while, came back, left me a phone message that they will accept liability 100% because other party is claiming injuries. I talked to my insurer's adjuster, I told him I talked to his supervisor last week, she said they are sending someone to take photos of my vehicle. When I questioned him, if he has photos of my car damages and of the other party - he has none. He based his conclusion on statements of both parties. I asked him to re-review. I called the precinct - police report not ready. Police gave me case number at the scene.

Additional information

*** Correction: liability was not determined yet by my insurer. There has been a miscommunication.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Daniel David Horowitz III

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should contact a personal injury attorney to help you with the process. Your insurance will hire you a lawyer if you are sued by other driver or your passenger.

  2. Hutton Wesley Sentell

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first response is coorect. You need a personal injury attorney to best protect your rights in this matter. If a claim is made against you, your insurance has a duty to defend and indemnify you up to your policy limits. Be sure to cooperate with your insurer.

    Please know that this answer is being provided to you in response to the limited information contained in your... more
  3. Richard Kurt Arbuckle


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You do need an attorney. In the meantime, you must cooperate with your own insurance company. Do not give any statement to the other party's insurance company, though. You should only communicate with your insurance until you get an attorney.

    This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be... more
  4. Randall O. Sorrels

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You should follow up with the doctor to see what you can do to heal fully and quickly. Not all of these claims do better with lawyers. If you heal quickly and the insurance company accepts full responsibility, then with a little advice you may be able to resolve the claim on your own. But take care of your self medically first and foremost.

  5. Steven Mark Sweat


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Retain an experienced personal injury attorney in TX ASAP. You may have already done things to jeopardize your case.

    Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for... more

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Personal injury lawsuits

Personal injury lawsuits allow an injured person to seek compensation for the injury, either by court decision or through a settlement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,511 answers this week

3,168 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,511 answers this week

3,168 attorneys answering