Need advise. Car accident. I got rear ended.

Houston, TX |

Accident 3 weeks. Other party insurer took photos of my car and recorded statements. Adjusters comment was they are ready to close the claim at 50-50. I asked the other party insurers supervisor to re-review my case. My insurer's adjuster was out for a while, came back, left me a phone message that they will accept liability 100% because other party is claiming injuries. I talked to my insurer's adjuster, I told him I talked to his supervisor last week, she said they are sending someone to take photos of my vehicle. When I questioned him, if he has photos of my car damages and of the other party - he has none. He based his conclusion on statements of both parties. I asked him to re-review. I called the precinct - police report not ready. Police gave me case number at the scene.

*** Correction: liability was not determined yet by my insurer. There has been a miscommunication.

You should contact a personal injury attorney to help you with the process. Your insurance will hire you a lawyer if you are sued by other driver or your passenger.

I am in the process of trying to get a lawyer. It's the weekend - was thinking of doing my follow up with lawyers tomorrow and try to get a copy of the police report from the precinct - and I am thinking the lawyer offices are close on Sunday? . One lawyer already replied that he need the police report for the consultation. However, in the meantime, should I provide the photos and a written account of the accident to MY insurance adjuster? Should I file a claim of personal injury to the other insurance, and if yes, how do i do that?

I have followed up with the police report with the precinct - its been 3 weeks and it was not available when I called 8/9... the lady on the phone said she is emailing the deputy and her supervisor to ask about the delay.

Daniel David Horowitz III

Daniel David Horowitz III

Most reports can be obtained online. I'd be happy to Speak with you about it tomorrow.

Stephen Kuzmich

Stephen Kuzmich

Attorney Horowitz is in your area, you should really talk to him! he looks very qualified and sometimes you just need to explain all the details over the phone to get good advice.

The first response is coorect. You need a personal injury attorney to best protect your rights in this matter. If a claim is made against you, your insurance has a duty to defend and indemnify you up to your policy limits. Be sure to cooperate with your insurer.

Please know that this answer is being provided to you in response to the limited information contained in your submission and should be considered for informational and/or educational purposes only. This response does not establish any attorney client privilege or relationship between you and me, as a responding attorney, and my post certainly does not attempt to counsel you on any of the pertinent legal facts and/or implications concerning your issue. To fully investigate and determine your legal rights, should you so choose, I recommend that you promptly consult with an attorney of your choosing as time may be of the essence.

I am trying to get a lawyer. So, in the meantime, I should email photos of my damages and written account of the accident to MY insurance adjuster? I am truly disappointed and feel cheated that there was no proper investigation done on the accident by my insurance carrier.

Retain an experienced personal injury attorney in TX ASAP. You may have already done things to jeopardize your case.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

You do need an attorney. In the meantime, you must cooperate with your own insurance company. Do not give any statement to the other party's insurance company, though. You should only communicate with your insurance until you get an attorney.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

You should follow up with the doctor to see what you can do to heal fully and quickly. Not all of these claims do better with lawyers. If you heal quickly and the insurance company accepts full responsibility, then with a little advice you may be able to resolve the claim on your own. But take care of your self medically first and foremost.