Need advise. Car accident. I got rear ended.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Accident 3 weeks. Other party insurer took photos of my car and recorded statements. Adjusters comment was they are ready to close the claim at 50-50. I asked the other party insurers supervisor to re-review my case. My insurer's adjuster was out for a while, came back, left me a phone message that they will accept liability 100% because other party is claiming injuries. I talked to my insurer's adjuster, I told him I talked to his supervisor last week, she said they are sending someone to take photos of my vehicle. When I questioned him, if he has photos of my car damages and of the other party - he has none. He based his conclusion on statements of both parties. I asked him to re-review. I called the precinct - police report not ready. Police gave me case number at the scene.

*** Correction: liability was not determined yet by my insurer. There has been a miscommunication.

1. Daniel David Horowitz III

6

Answered . You should contact a personal injury attorney to help you with the process. Your insurance will hire you a lawyer if you are sued by other driver or your passenger.

2. Hutton Wesley Sentell

5

Answered . The first response is coorect. You need a personal injury attorney to best protect your rights in this matter. If a claim is made against you, your insurance has a duty to defend and indemnify you up to your policy limits. Be sure to cooperate with your insurer.

3. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

4

Answered . You do need an attorney. In the meantime, you must cooperate with your own insurance company. Do not give any statement to the other party's insurance company, though. You should only communicate with your insurance until you get an attorney.

4. Randall O. Sorrels

3

1

Answered . You should follow up with the doctor to see what you can do to heal fully and quickly. Not all of these claims do better with lawyers. If you heal quickly and the insurance company accepts full responsibility, then with a little advice you may be able to resolve the claim on your own. But take care of your self medically first and foremost.

5. Steven Mark Sweat

3

Answered . Retain an experienced personal injury attorney in TX ASAP. You may have already done things to jeopardize your case.