Need Advice on expungement

Asked over 3 years ago - Gulfport, MS

I got in trouble a long time ago, I was given a non-adjudicated sentence, that was expunged. In the news paper was an article concerning a individual who lost his gaming license for pretty much my offense, except mine was possession only. His was non-adjudicated, it wasn't expunged from my understanding.

I am employed in the gaming field and require a gaming license. There are two new questions that I have never answered before. I have always listed that I was arrested and the charges where expunged. I have received my initial license in 2002, renewal in 2005, 2008.

1. Have you ever had a non-adjudicated sentence.
2. Have you ever been on parole.

How do I answer these questions?

1. Victor Wallace Carmody Jr.

1

Answered . Please call our office,Mississippi has new court decisions which deal with this specific point.Your answer depends on the charge,the court where you appeared ,the matter of expungement (court orders)and the places where your expungements were sent.In short you will probably have to answer YES to these questions if a state license is at stake,and you will probably be able to explain,and your wording must be precise.The issues you need answers to far exceed the space provided here,for instance when you were arrested you generated arrest reports locally,at the state level and with national agencies(FBI) . Court orders from state courts can be used to expunge local and state records BUT not the FBI.Simply put your issues in this state require the assistance of a Criminal Defense Attorney for a full consultation.Good Luck!!!