Skip to main content

Need advice in what to do for my workers comp hearing and what to do next?

Henderson, NV |

Im going to a hearing for my claim because my workers comp got denied by my employer. The bill is only 200 its not a lot idk why my employer denied it i think they should pay for it instead of me? All my family and friends say i should be fine that i should win easily and my employer is going to pay for it. But thats not all my employer claims i wasn't even working with them at all when it happened and i have proof it did. second they claim i didnt give them a written notice i did i give my manager one but she properly didnt report it. I worked in a food chain qdoba mex grill. i want to talk to a attorny that will have a look at all my wokers comp papers and advice if i can sue them or anything because my manager didnt even have papers so i suspect she doesnt want an investigation going on

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Unfortunately if your bills are only $200 and you do not have any type of permanent injury most attorneys will not be willing to take your case. What I can tell you is that if you have a time card that proves you were working at the time of the injury or a pay stub that proves the same take that with you to the hearing. Second if you wrote a letter to the manager do you have a copy of the letter or anything from the manager saying you gave her a letter if so take that with you as well. Good luck with your hearing and next time you are injured at work contact an attorney immediately so that your rights may be protected.


I don't practice WC Law in your state. I have practiced WC Law in Virginia for 35 years. It appears you have a big fight on your hands if the employer is going to claim you did not work there when you incurred the $200.00 bill. If you have witnesses you need to subpoena them. I can only tell you that you are not going to get any attorney help if only a $200.00 medical bill is the issue. The reason is the amount is just too small.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer