Need advice how to re-apply after crime of moral turpitude conviction

My husband came to the US on a legal visitors visa. We became married so he has overstayed that visa by 5 years. In those 5 years he received a work permit and INS Social. It has expired and they denied his Green card application citing a signature in the wrong space. for which we were not allowed to correct not to mention the funds were not refunded. We did not have the extra funds to try to do this ourselves again. He supposed to renew his license but could not without a green card. several years and 2 children later. End of last year my husband was caught with a fake driver's license and duplicated social. He was not representing himself as anyone else. He was charged with a Class A Misd. in the state of TX. Will we be able to obtain a green card with a conviction for false driver's

Houston, TX -

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

take all of his criminal dispositions and schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
Elizabeth Ann Kohler

Elizabeth Ann Kohler

Immigration Attorney - Washington, DC

Since it has been several years since you filed the first application and with the intervening arrest and conviction your husband will need to file a new adjustment of status application. You should seek the advice of competent immigration counsel to determine whether the misdemeanor will raise inadmissibility grounds. You should also take all of the paperwork from when you first filed. This will be important for the attorney to determine whether the I-130 visa petition that you should have filed the first time was ever adjudicated. Good luck to you.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Meet with an attorney and take all immigration and criminal paperwork that you have.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

Related Advice