Skip to main content

Need a real-estate attorney in Tallahassee to file a partition lawsuit.

Tallahassee, FL |
Filed under: Real estate

My large family owns my mother's home, post-probate. We can't agree on how to sell, but it needs to be done soon, due to mounting bills. I have some money for a retainer, so part of the payment will have to come from the sale of the house. I can do an in-person (free) consultation this Friday.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You should consult with an experienced real estate lawyer in your area. Since the partition statute provides for attorneys' fees to be taken off the top of the sale proceeds, there are lawyers who will take your case under the arrangement that you suggested. Please call a lawyer directly rather than trying to schedul an appointment through an internet forum.

    Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

  2. If you do not know any attorneys in the area you may want to contact the local bar association for a

    Answering this question is for educational purposes only and is not intended to establish an attorney client relationship

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics