Skip to main content

Need a pro bono lawyer or cheap one in idaho ASAP!!

Blackfoot, ID |

My boyfriend is getting some major charges on him & is in the mental hospital then has to go straight to jail when he is released. Pls help he is looking at charges- fleeing an officer, aggravated assault, attempted second-degree kidnaping. Its all a long story between him & his ex. She is playing the poor me victim pls if you can help or need to talk to him to know, contact me pls don't judge without hearing his side. Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your boyfriend needs to apply for the services of the Public Defender. If he cannot at the prisent tiem, inquire at the court clerk's office regarding a procedure for applying on his behalf.

Best wishes for a favorable result, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.



Thank you so much!! I appreciate the help!

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair


That would, of course, have been "present time," and would have been without the help of sunlight on the laptop.


Your boyfriend may qualify for court-appointed counsel for his criminal matter. The judge should inquire during your boyfriend's initial appearance, whether he can afford an attorney. Your boyfriend will have to complete some paperwork and will then, likely, qualify for a public defender, which will represent him at the county's expense.

It is almost unheard of for an attorney to perform "pro bono" defense in a criminal matter simply because of the public defender system an the Constitutions' (United States and Idaho) requirements regarding legal counsel at all critical stages of a criminal proceeding.

No attorney-client relationship is created by responding to any question on Avvo. Further, nothing contained in any response may be relied upon as legal advice.



Alright thanks I appreciate the help & information!!

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer