Skip to main content

Need a lawyer with many years of experience to represent me for pending family violence and order of protection filed on me

Melville, NY |

My wife left the house with 2 kids for 3 months. I filed a petition for visitation rights. I couldn't serve her as I couldn't find her. In turn I get served by the Sheriff on 3 days ago for Family violence / Order of protection and a lot of lies she wrote down as allegations against me. We had a court date for my petition yesterday but she did not show up. It's rescheduled for Jan 3rd with the note that she must be served by Dec 16th. We have a court date for her petition on Dec 13th in Brooklyn. I need to speak to an attorney that I can meet with as soon as possible. Thank you. I look forward to hearing back from you.
My phone number is 516 532 5313.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Any criminal defense or family court lawyer can help you. You need a lawyer who knows how to cross-examine a witness and do an investigation - to the extent possible - to prove her lies.

    The Avvo rules do not allow the attorneys to call you. You have to call the lawyers. Use the Find A Lawyer tab to look for someone.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  2. As my collegue stated, we cannot contact you through Avvo. You should contact the attorneys on the site.

    I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. I can be reached any time at 347-289-5886. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

  3. Call a local experience family court litigator. You have a complicated case and you need to have a good attorney to address these issues for you. You also need a process server that is a private investigator track her down and get her served. Good luck with it.

    The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

  4. You have the right to a hearing regarding the Order of protection. A criminal lawyer can help you with this.

  5. First and foremost you must find an attorney that regularly practices in Brooklyn Family Court or in Brooklyn IDV. Often times the allegations contained in a petition for an order of protection are inaccurate. The court takes a cursory look at the petition and usually makes the order as a precaution. Once all parties are present, the court hears more and changes aspects of the order to allow for contact with the children. The help of an experience family law attorney is necessary.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics