Need a lawyer to be represent in court for a theft

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO


Attorney answers (4)

  1. Laurie Ann Schmidt


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It sounds like your theft charges is from Walmart where you received a citation and court date. Pay close attention to that date, you will need to be in court at that date and time. If you are searching for an attorney to defend you in this case, there are several in the Denver area on AVVO. You may also try the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar. There is a guide or top 10 questions to ask a criminal defense attorney.

  2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can apply for a Public Defender or hire one of the many criminal defense attorneys here on Avvo.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more
  3. John Paul Thygerson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Use the find a lawyer function of AVVO and consult with some attorneys.

  4. Andres Rene Guevara


    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Find an attorney in the county or municipality where you have your court case. There are many attorneys who can handle your case. Shop around for the right fit.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for theft

Theft is taking someone's property without his or her consent. Theft includes, but is not limited to, shoplifting, taking someone's mail, and stealing a car.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now