Need a lawyer for my trial. Where can I find an affordable one and one who is willing to fight for me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Being sued by dicover card (nelson and kennard). Filed response. Had mediation meeting. At the meeting, the opposing lawyer said I owned property which I don't and that I have a high credit score. I owe two other credit cards. Have been negotiating. Need help negotiating. Trial scheduled in a month. Any help appreciated.

1. Robin Mashal

5

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

What dollar amount is in dispute here? What affirmative defense are you raising? Depending on how limited your budget is, you may be able to find an attorney to represent you through trial. The less expensive attorneys are typically the ones with less legal experience. I suggest you contact the office of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and see if they can refer you to someone.

2. Crosby Scott Connolly

5

Answered . Counsel is spot on. You need an consumer debt attorney to represent you. When you filed the answer, what were your affirmative defenses? Has opposing counsel offered you any settlement amounts? Have you offered opposing counsel any settlement amounts? How much are you being sued for?

Feel free to contact our offices for a free consultation on your rights - 619 233 7770.

3. Ian Edmund Scott

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.