Skip to main content

Need a lawyer for my trial. Where can I find an affordable one and one who is willing to fight for me?

Los Angeles, CA |

Being sued by dicover card (nelson and kennard). Filed response. Had mediation meeting. At the meeting, the opposing lawyer said I owned property which I don't and that I have a high credit score. I owe two other credit cards. Have been negotiating. Need help negotiating. Trial scheduled in a month. Any help appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

What dollar amount is in dispute here? What affirmative defense are you raising? Depending on how limited your budget is, you may be able to find an attorney to represent you through trial. The less expensive attorneys are typically the ones with less legal experience. I suggest you contact the office of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and see if they can refer you to someone.

Robin Mashal

Robin Mashal

Posted allows you to select a "best answer" for your question. After reviewing all answers, if you feel I provided you the best answer, please give me that vote.


Counsel is spot on. You need an consumer debt attorney to represent you. When you filed the answer, what were your affirmative defenses? Has opposing counsel offered you any settlement amounts? Have you offered opposing counsel any settlement amounts? How much are you being sued for?

Feel free to contact our offices for a free consultation on your rights - 619 233 7770.

Hyde & Swigart is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 858 900 7342 , or through one of the evaluation forms on this site.


I agree with my colleagues.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer