Need a hand with speeding ticket

Fayette, NY |

Got a speeding ticket - 80 over 55 zone, looking for assistance. Thanks

1. This ticket carries 6 points, roughly a $200 fine and a $300 Driver Assessment Fee. If you plead guilty, you or your traffic lawyer can likely get this reduced to a less serious charge (saving you points and money). Further, this speeding ticket can adversely affect your insurance rates. By fighting it, you can likely avoid the possibility of your insurance rates being raised. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. Weiss & Associates, PC 212-683-7373 www.nytrafficticket.com Since 1991, we make fighting traffic tickets as easy as possible.

2. Hire a local Traffic Court lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Attorney Weiss is correct. If you retain an attorney, and you have a good driving record, there is a strong possibility that you can get the ticket plead down to a parking ticket or two; or, at worst, a plead to a violation with less points. Good luck and an attorney will be worth the nominal investment.

McGrath Law Firm, PLLC www.thebuffalolawyer.com Buffalo, NY Attorney-Client Relationship - The materials provided on this website are intended for informational purposes only. These materials are not intended and should not be interpreted or considered legal advice. The information provided by this site is not an invitation to an attorney-client relationship. A reader of this site should not rely on the information provided here for any purpose. Readers are reminded to always seek legal advice from an attorney duly licensed in an appropriate jurisdiction. Additionally, any communication via e-mail, phone, or other form, are not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between this firm and any third party. Legal Warranty - This website provides general information and may not reflect all current legal developments. You should not take action based on the information provided by this website. The law is ever changing, and facts and circumstances are critical to assessing a legal claim; therefore, information provided by this site may not be applicable to your particular situation, and should not be perceived as legal advice or opinion.

4. You are making a wise decision. By hiring an attorney you have more upfront costs but will certainly save on the back-end. Feel free to call my office with any questions about the process in general or what an atyorney can do for you.