Need a divorce Attorney that will take payments

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Divorce

my wife filed for divorce in Seattle while I was in Indiana going to college. I was on my way back to Seattle when they had the court hearing. She misrepresented my income and the parenting plan is all one sided. She does not allow me to see my kids very often and when she does she dictates who I am allowed to have around them. If they are around someone she doesn't want around them she refuses to let me see them at all. I have found part-time work and am currently looking for full time employment. I don't have 3500 upfront for a retainer. I need to find a good attorney so i can see me kids on a regular basis that will take payment plans in Seattle, WA

There are many great ones here on avvo, make some calls.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

I agree with Mr. Lewis' advice, you can find many great attorneys on this site, have a look at soem of the attorney profiles in the state in which you intend to file your divorce.

Eric Reimer, Esq.
Admitted in NY & NJ
t: (877) 885 - 8800

Mr. Reimer is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Reimer strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.

While my office will take a retainer for representation, we will also set up meetings to guide you through the legal process so you can do it on your own. This is often a lot cheaper than retaining someone. You should also look into your neighborhood legal clinic:

Recommended articles about Divorce