Need a debt collection defense attorney

Asked over 2 years ago - Encinitas, CA

I am being sued by a collection agency and am in need of an attorney. This is very frightening and have no idea how to handle this situation. I live in the San Diego area. A free consultation would be very helpful. Thanks.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

6

Answered . Being sued is almost always a traumatic experience. You might need to file for bankruptcy if your other debts are substantial. Otherwise, because bankruptcy is a drastic measure, you should probably defend and try to settle the current lawsuit.

You can search for attorneys in the San Diego area via Avvo at:

http://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%...

2. Jerald Friedman

2

Answered . It is always scary when one is actually sued. But relax. These cases are not as bad as you originally think. The collections agencies just want to get the most money for the least amount of effort. So if you retain an attorney, they want to settle asap and are typically very generous with their settlements.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
    Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Jerald Friedman
    info@stopcollections.net
    www.stopcollections.net

3. Eric D Ridley

Pro

1

Answered . It's most important to remember to breathe, and not to panic, when you are sued. Your attorney has a range of options with which to defend, negotiate or argue your suit. Most debt defense attorneys will offer a free consultation ( all the ones I know, including me, do). Just find someone you feel comfortable with, and let that attorney take care of the matter for you.

Mr. Ridley is a California Collection Defense Attorney, with offices in Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. He is also licensed to handle bankruptcy matters throughout the California Central District: Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. His phone number is (805) 244-5291, and his email address is ridley.eric@gmail.com . His website for more estate, bankruptcy and business information is www.ridleylawoffices.com .

One or more answers have been taken down.