Skip to main content

Need a Class Action Attorney for discrimination in LPN Nursing School Program

Pekin, IL |

Director, since removed or left the school, just randomly kicked several men out of the nursing program. I had straight A's, perfect attendance, and she expelled me from the program.
Found there are several students she had done this with! We need a class action suit filed for discrimination.

Attorney Answers 2


Class action litigation is a unique area of the law. It allows you to litigate on behalf of a class of similarly situated individuals. While that may be the best approach, you may actually maximize your recovery by bringing an individual lawsuit or suit in joinder against the school.

You should discuss your options with an attorney asap. If you believe you were discriminated against, there are certain prerequisites to filing a lawsuit you'll need to do, and you'll want to get the process in action a.s.a.p., as the law limits the time in which you can file a lawsuit or complaint.
Give us a call (or email) if you would like to schedule a free consultation.

James Rowe
The Law Firm of Rowe & Associates
100 North LaSalle Street, Suite 1010
Chicago, Illinois 60602
312-345-1357 direct

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Based on the minimal facts provided, you may have an individual claim for gender-based discrimination. I agree with the first answer that you should promptly consult with a lawyer to determine whether you can pursue such claims and the likelihood of obtaining reinstatement in the nursing program or monetary damages.

However, on can only speculate whether your claim could or should be brought as a class action. To successfully bring a class action lawsuit, the claims must satisfy Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23(a)'s requirements of numerosity, commonality, typicality and adequacy. Additionally, the claims must satisfy one of the Rule 23(b) criteria -- generally that a class action would be a superior method of bringing the claims.

If this answer helpful, please give me a thumbs up review below.

Disclaimer: My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.

Mark as helpful