Need a check list I need to proceed with my siblings LEGALLY manner after my father's trust and will assigned me as executor

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jamaica, NY

I am executor of my late father's family trust and Will. He passed away on April 2012, Will and Family trust documents has not been probated as I was told not to.

I have informed siblings not really formally what father left behind... copies of trust & will sent by regular mail, orally told them which check balance in the banks have left !

Did I miss any legally procedure since last April 2012 ? what I need to do to make up my mistakes if there is any, as one of sibling has been having problem with rest of sibling including myself.

My father has only a estate and few thousand of case left behind. I am planning to sell house in this Summer. Is there any thing need to be done with sibling before start selling house? so I won't get law suit involved later.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . Who told you not to file the will. If you're having trouble with a sibling, you should be working with an attorney and do everything correctly. Your well on your way to the lawsuit, you want to avoid.

2. Daniel Alexander Jimenez

1

Answered . Even if you assume all of your father's assets were held in the trust and that there was no need to probate the will I would still advise you to consult with a probate attorney. You are opening yourself up to potentially expensive problems later by attempting to handle this yourself.

Many probate attorneys offer no cost initial consultations.

3. Maria C. Tebano

1

Answered . Hire an attorney to review the Will and Trust documents. If you are having problems with your siblings now, that won't get any better if you sell the house, distribute assets and they are angry. Deal with it now, hire an attorney.