Naturalization immigration if a case no longer shows on my backgorund after a PIA expired, do I still disclose it on n 400

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Naturalization immigration if a case/charge no longer shows on my backgorund after a plea in abeyance expired, do I still disclose it on n 400?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Best Answer

Answered . Always tell the truth ... the WHOLE truth and ... nothing but the truth.

Fingerprints never, and I do mean never, disappear from the FBI computer.

2. Maria Isabel Cueva

Pro

2

1

Answered . A dismissal due to a plea in abeyance is still considered a conviction for immigration purposes, even if the courts no longer have records of your conviction. You must not only fully disclose this on the N-400, you also must provide certified court copies of the arrest record, sentence, and discharge.

When it comes to naturalization, any criminal arrests or convictions must be fully analyzed. I can not stress enough the importance of consulting with an immigration attorney before you submit your N-400.

3. Emily Katherine Allen

Answered . Why would you even consider not disclosing it on the application? If it's because you don't think it will show on your background check, you're wrong about that.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . Yes. Definitely. If you have concerns, talk to a lawyer.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Kamal Nawash

Answered . Don't even think of not telling the truth. You will get caught.