Naturalization

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have married a U.S. citizen and i got my green card 6 months, but he cheated on me and I separated. I am marrying to another guy that is US citizen, if I marry to new guy , can I get my naturalization after three years or because I divorce the first guy , i can apply for naturalization 5 years later?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . Yes you can You can apply after three years if your current husband is a USC too.

2. Christian Schmidt

2

1

Answered . If you have been granted conditional resident status, you must first become a permanent resident. In the next step you can apply for citizenship once you lived for three years continuously in marrital union with a US citizen. Otherwise you must wait 5 years.

3. Gintare Grigaite

1

1

Answered . If your second marriage is in good faith, then you have to be sponsored again, and will be able to apply for US citizenship after 3 years of getting your green card.