Naturalization: criminal record

Asked about 6 years ago - Bellevue, WA

On the application for naturalization, do I need to include my criminal record before I became a U.S. lawful permanent resident ?
This criminal record has already been revealed and made known to the US consulate when applying for my green card.

1. Tom Youngjohn

1

3

Answered . Your question was: On the application for naturalization, do I need to include my criminal record before I became a U.S. lawful permanent resident ?
    ..............................................................
    In my opinion, yes, you Do have to reveal such arrests, convictions, etc. If you don't, then, after they swear you in and get you to lie to them under oath, not only can they deny your N-400 for lying to them, or even put you in removal proceedings, but if they don't discover this lie until years later, they could "denaturalize" you, not a pleasant experience.
    Tom Youngjohn