National Grid transferred the gas and electrical bills from the tenants of a house I owned to my name without my consent.

Woonsocket, RI |

I have a couple collections that appeared in my credit report due to failure to pay the utility bills that was transferred to my name without my consent from National Grid, I was out of the country and when I got back I had these collections, called and they said I'm responsible to pay the bills because when the tenants moved the accounts were automatically transferred to me. They actually left it on for over a year under my name, I don't even own the house since as I lost it in 2005, now that the foreclose came out of my credit report they posted all these collections to force me to pay for bills that ran from after I lost the house until 2009. Their statement shows that my unit had all bills paid in time until 2 months after I lost the house as I sent the payment for the last bill.

1. This sounds like a very complicated situation. I would suggest contacting the companies first and also contact a local lawyer who will be able to sit down with you and go over the situation in more details. Best of Luck.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship or provide legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided within the question and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. For legal inquiries all persons are recommended to consult an attorney in your state.