National Arbitration Forum Decision

Kentucky |
Filed under: Arbitration

I received a letter from the National Arbitration Forum stating that they have entered an award against me on behalf of a creditor. Problem is, we have never arbitrated the issue. There was never a date, time, nor place to meet in order to arbitrate.

Can they do this?? I guess their next step is to take me to court in order to enforce the award.

What happens if they cannot get the award? I do not have the money to give to them.

1. This past January, the Kentucky Supreme Court rendered a decision which, I believe, has the effect of invalidating many contract clauses that "require" Kentucky residents to submit disputes to arbitration.

The case is called Ally Cat, LLC v. McKay Chauvin. if they sue you to enforce the award, you or your lawyer should review the Ally Cat decision to see if you agree that it supports a motion to dismiss the action to enforce the arbitrator's award.

Arbitration topics