Name change back to maiden name after 7 years of divorce.

Detroit, MI |

I want to change my legal name back to my maiden name. I have been divorced for about 7 years. I need the cheapest way to change name.

It should be free wtih a motion to court.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Since it has been so long since your Judgment of Divorce was entered, you will have to file a Name Change Petition. Google "PC 51 Michigan Court Form" on-line, and you should be able to pull the form for free to fill-out and file with the Family (Circuit) Court. If you found my response helpful, please mark it as so when responding. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

great counsel

Unfortunately, you will have to file a Petition for Name Change in the Wayne County Circuit Court.

Neil M. Colman
www.divlawyer@gmail.com
586.254.1100

Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Colman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.