Name change back to maiden name after 7 years of divorce.

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

I want to change my legal name back to my maiden name. I have been divorced for about 7 years. I need the cheapest way to change name.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It should be free wtih a motion to court.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. J. Matthew Catchick Jr.


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Since it has been so long since your Judgment of Divorce was entered, you will have to file a Name Change Petition. Google "PC 51 Michigan Court Form" on-line, and you should be able to pull the form for free to fill-out and file with the Family (Circuit) Court. If you found my response helpful, please mark it as so when responding. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

  3. Neil M. Colman


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately, you will have to file a Petition for Name Change in the Wayne County Circuit Court.

    Neil M. Colman

    Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,571 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,571 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering