Skip to main content

Name change

Texas |

can you help me change my name. I just can't afford what these lawyers are asking for around here!

Attorney Answers 2

  1. It depends on how old you are and where you are.

  2. You will probably need an attorney to assist you. You can try the law library at the local courthouse or law school. The librarian cannot give you legal advice, but will point you in the right direction. If you truly cannot afford an attorney to do this for you, consider at least paying a consultation fee to an attorney to review your paperwork after you complete the documents.