N400 Yellow letter, Vs. Interview letter

Asked 11 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

Dear Lawyers, I need some help here.
My wife and myself applied for N400 together. She received an interview letter first, and a few weeks later a yellow letter (asking to bring her driver's license).
My online status still says "in line for interview scheduling", I have not received any interview letter. But did just receive a yellow letter to bring my driver's license at the time of interview.
My questions:
1. Is it normal to have two different patterns for a couple, who applied together?
2. How long it takes to get an interview letter *after* a yellow letter?
3. What are the chances that we'll be interviewed on the same day?
Appreciate your answers!
Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . Hard to tell if you will be interviewed together. It takes 3-6 months to get an interview.

2. Robin Jean Gray

Pro

1

Answered . It is not unusual for your applications to be reviewed and set for interviews at different times. The interview after the yellow letter could take any time, but usually between 4-9 months. There is no certain date for the interview time. USCIS sets its own schedule. It is very doubtful that you will be interviewed on the same day. I hope these answers helped you understand the process.

3. Ralf D. Wiedemann

Answered . Since your wife is already scheduled for interview and you are not, I would say that there is zero chance that you will be interviewed on the same day. Even though you may have filed your applications on the same day, they are two separate files and they are not kept together. So it is not unusual for the interviews to be on different dates. There is no typical period after the yellow letter comes until you are scheduled for interview. It could be two weeks or it could be longer.

4. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . Each application is considered independently of the other. As it typically takes between 3 and 8 months for the naturalization interview to be scheduled after filing, depending on the jurisdiction, but is the about the same amount of time in any particular jurisdiction, there is a possibility that you could be interviewed on the same day purely by chance. However, I would say that more probably not not you would not be interviewed on the same day. Approximate processing times for N400 applications are available on the USCIS website.