N400 still pending

Asked 7 months ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had my n400 interview since 8 months and half , I went for info pass to check why they didn't send me the decision yet after 4 months the officer asked my wife for interview and after couple hours called me to interview me he asked me how many times I was married I said twice and that is what i wrote in the application so he said no was 3 times he showed me document about my fiancé I told him it wasn't marriage it was engagement I told him I can prove that after like 2 months I got the hall document proved it was engagement and this why I didn't put it in the application after one month I went with my lawyer for info pass we mate the officer my lawyer asked him if he received the document he said yes and if need more information he said no and why I didn't get decision yet he said

Still investigate it. It's been one month with no decision I contacted my lawyer to see if he have any news he is advising me to sue the immigration office in federal court . So plz I need opinions what is better to wait and keep dealing with the immigration office by info pass or to go sue them plz I need honest answer. God bless

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . I am not sure our opinion would be as valuable as that of an attorney who knows the facts of your case.

2. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . This would best be addressed to your attorney as he or she would have full access to the facts of your case and can provide you with a legal opinion. The reality is Oakland Park does take time with reviews. Thus, sit down with your attorney and discuss.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . Your lawyer knows the specific facts of your case and has rendered a recommendation. We don't know your case in detail. If you are not satisfied with your lawyer and/or his recommendation then obtain a second opinion from a Board Certified immigration attorney. This forum is not the place to get individualized advice.

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . Is your lawyer an immigration attorney? If so, what did he/she say about the marriage/engagement issue? Work closely with him or her or, if you are not satisfied, hire new counsel. You can compel a decision by filing a mandamus action but it sounds as if they suspect marriage fraud and/or think you have misrepresented or omitted a material fact on your application.