N400 spouse part

Albany, NY |

Hello,
My husband and I have been married since 2005 and we are still married. He is communicating well most of the time but when I tell him I want to be a citizen like him and my daughter, he thinks it is not necessary for me now and he doesn't want to give me his citizen date and place information to write on the form. I am not filling it because of being a citizen spouse, I am filling it because of being here more than 5 years. I wrote unknown for his two information. Do you think I should put an explanation letter or just write unknown and if they ask, Then explain it with a letter or at the interview. I don't want my application to be rejected so that is why I am asking about that. There is not an instruction to put an explanation letter on that part but I was just thinking in case.

If you're filing based on your having been a green card holder for more than five years, it's okay if you put "unknown "for your husband's date of naturalization. It would also be okay to put "cannot be determined at this time" . You can either attach an addendum to form N-400 explaining, or explain in person during the interview That your husband is withholding that information from you, because you suspect he does not want you to become a citizen.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you very much!

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

You are Very welcome! Please do not forget to designate a "best answer" to this question.

If you are filing based on 5 yrs LPR it should be fine writing info about your husband as unknown. Also attachan explanation and underscore you are applyingbased on your 5yr time asan LPR

Thank you! I will add the explanation letter saying application is based on more than 5 years residency. Do you think I should add more details like, he said unnecessary now, he doesn't want to do it now,..maybe he he thinks it is too good for me..or I can add the details when asked. Thank you.

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Just say he refuses toprovide me with this information as he does not want me to become a citizen.

Thank you.

Ms. Pollack is correct. Put unknown.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com