N400 Question on Parking Citation

Asked over 1 year ago - Walnut, CA

I am finalizing my application for citizenship on the basis of 5 yrs as LPR, i found out in my old files that i had a street cleaning citation way back in 2002. Do i need to answer yes on the question, have you been arrested, detained, cited..etc.etc. and explain what the citation was for? thanks in advance for your advise.

1. Gintare Grigaite

2

Answered . That would be the best practice, and also to have proof that you paid all associated fines.

2. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

1

Answered . Answer yes, include an explanation. If you have it now, include proof you satisfied the citation or that you cannot get this proof (the records were destroyed and no record can be found) If you do not have it now, you can still file now but use the next few months to get that proof for your interview.