N400 omission and mistake about a previous address ...

Valencia, CA |

On my N400 I should have put some traffic violations under $500 but I didn't due to bad advise received from USCIS telephone help personnel ... in addition, one of the previous addresses that I have provided on N400 is incorrect ... what can I do to amend these two mistakes on my application? Would this be considered as a HUGE negative at the interview? My interview date is barely a month away from today ... please help!!! Should I contact USCIS by telephone or write to them explaining these two things or do I take an updated N400 with me to the interview and explain this to the interviewer? Please help!!!

No need to be that concerned. Explain to the officer as a first thing at the outset of the interview. S/he is not going to crucify you for it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree that you need not be too alarmed. Bring records of the traffic violations. When you say "under $500", I wonder what they were. If DUI or driving without a license, this could be a problem - less of a problem if they were more than 5 years ago.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

3. You correct them at the interview.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Traffic tickets topics