N400 Newark, NJ office

Paterson, NJ |

I received this email a few days ago that says the following "On October 9, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview." How long should I expect to wait before I am actually scheduled for an interview? My USCIS office is Newark, NJ

1. Appeared there before with clients for N-400 interview. 3 weeks at least.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Very soon.

This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. It's hard to say but if you don't hear back from USCIS you should contact local immigration counsel to assist you.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

4. Processing time will vary. Anywhere from 30 to 90 days could be reasonable.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Review Mr. Devore's Avvo Profile for more information about his expertise in immigration law and how to contact him to discuss your case.