N400 interview scheduling

Fort Myers, FL |

I live in Fort Myers, FL. I have been a Legal Permanent Resident since December 30, 2008. I just received an email that said " Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview". I heard somewhere that if you use the 90 days rule (Like i did) before 5 years they will wait with sending you a letter with the interview date until you hit that 5 year anniversary. Is it true? How long can i expect to receive my interview notice from Tampa field office?

1. Yes, you should not be scheduled for interview until after December 30th.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Yes, that is correct. You will not be scheduled for the interview until you have met the 5 years continuous residence - which would be after December 30th of this year. Local processing times vary by field office.

3. Correct, the interview will come after the 5 years.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.