N400 interview scheduling

Asked 7 months ago - Fort Myers, FL

I live in Fort Myers, FL. I have been a Legal Permanent Resident since December 30, 2008. I just received an email that said " Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview". I heard somewhere that if you use the 90 days rule (Like i did) before 5 years they will wait with sending you a letter with the interview date until you hit that 5 year anniversary. Is it true? How long can i expect to receive my interview notice from Tampa field office?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

1

Answered . Yes, you should not be scheduled for interview until after December 30th.

2. Diana Marie Santos

Answered . Yes, that is correct. You will not be scheduled for the interview until you have met the 5 years continuous residence - which would be after December 30th of this year. Local processing times vary by field office.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

Answered . Correct, the interview will come after the 5 years.