N400 Interview "Computer Glitch"

Just got my N400 interview done. I passed the reading/writing/US govt & civics test. After that the IO went over my file for details and asked "have you tried to adjust your status 4 times"? I said No, Not at all. She then said it might be a computer error, i Cannot approve your app on the spot, and we USUALLY review files every Thursday at the LA USCIS office. We will review it next thursday and mail you a decision soon. Right after I left the office I got an RFE on my case status. What is going on?? I have never heard people go through this. How is it my fault that their computers are having glitches? I am scared :(

1. Deal with it on your own; consult with an immigration attorney for clarification or hire an immigration attorney to represent you. I see no other way.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. What does your RFE request?

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.