N400 application withdrawal

Ada, MI |

After seeking immigration advice, I have concluded that my application has been placed too early. I would like to reapply closer to september 2014 to have a more solid application.
What does the USCIS expect in a withdrawal letter?
Is this reason good enough to withdraw my application?
Surely it is my choice to forfeit the non refundable fees that will result from this decision?

If you wish to withdraw your application, and if you are not represented by an attorney, then simply write a letter stating you wish to withdraw your application. You don't need a reason to withdraw. If you apply later, USCIS will most likely compare your new application with the earlier one that you withdrew.

This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

I agree with Mr. Carlin, you do not need to supply a reason to withdraw the application. Simply write a letter asking to withdraw the application, supply the receipt number and your A number within the letter.

This is general information and not legal advice. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

You can simply withdraw your application. No reason is required.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You don't need any specific reason, simply wanting to withdraw and duly informing them of it should suffice.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.