N400 and suspended Driving License

Centreville, VA |

before I got my GC through marriage, I had three traffic tickets and the last one I got my DL suspended because I didn't pay the fine by the deadline to the court. after a couple of months I paid $ 300 the ticket fine , and then I paid $ 145 to the dmv to reinstate my DL. My question would that cause any problem for Naturalization

It depends on what kind of traffic tickets you got. Generally, it should not be an issue.

2 speeding tickets , I was really speeding but didn't receive reckless and one improper shifting lanes, based on a car accident

Jorge Ivan Pardo

Jorge Ivan Pardo

It should not be a problem but, as my colleague said, be truthful and disclose all information on your application.

No. If the issue ever comes up, be truthful and explain. That is it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Traffic tickets in themselves should not effect naturalization. However, you should have your police record looked at by an attorney before you file citizenship to make sure. Different states treat traffic violations in different ways depending on the severity of the infraction.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

This charge will generally not affect your application for citizenship in Virginia. However, it is always a good idea for you to consult with an immigration attorney before submitting your application to ensure you will not have an issue.

Recommended articles about Immigration