N400 citizenship have you ever been detained by a law enforcement officer?

when the immigration officer stop you at custom and check you paper and asked you question about you and your trip is it mean u were detained ?
should i say yes to this question ?

1. No, an inspection at a port of entry is not a detention.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. If you are referring to the brief passport/visa check when you go through customs at an airport, no, this is not what they're talking about. But if you have any questions about whether to answer yes or no to any question on your N-400 application, I recommend making an appointment with an attorney. It's very important that you answer the questions on your application correctly or you may inadvertently commit immigration fraud. Many attorneys offer free or low-cost consultations.

If you found this answer helpful, please mark it "helpful" or "best answer." Thank you! Laura Mandell, Gingell Immigration, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: laura@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: http://stephengingell.com | Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Hi hope that you are well. It seems form the facts that you state that you were not arrested. Best of luck!

4. They are not referring to questions at the airport. It seems you are fine, but you may call me at 845-270-0601, Rochelle Inger ESQ.