N400 - Would Congressional Inquiry Help?

Harrisburg, PA |

My wife and myself applied for Naturalization more than 3 months ago. My wife is going for interview next week, but my online status still says "in line for scheduling" for over a month.
I have tried calling 1-800 number, and done infopass, but nobody has been able to give me a straight answer as to why are they not scheduling my application for interview.
Would asking my state senator to expedite my application process help?

Appreciate any answers from Immigration lawyers!

1. No it won't. Schedule an info pass. That's the best way. You cannot rush the government -- you're going to have to wait. You may want to consider speaking with an attorney about your case.

This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Patience is a virtue especially when dealing with USCIS. There is no rhyme or reason. Give it some more time. The fact that your wife was scheduled and you have not been is not out of the ordinary. It is not something that would concern me at this time.

3. Three months is not a long wait at all, and the fact that your wife got scheduled before you is not an adequate basis to get your case expedited.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

4. No, that hardly ever really helps and especially not in your case where the "wait" or "delay" really amounts to not even a pack of beans in the Immigration world.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

5. No, a Senator or Representative would be of no help. Their inquiry serves only to have your file pulled and report back to you what has already happened. This process serves only to disrupt the next step you are waiting for.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.