N400 - Would Congressional Inquiry Help?

Asked about 1 year ago - Harrisburg, PA

My wife and myself applied for Naturalization more than 3 months ago. My wife is going for interview next week, but my online status still says "in line for scheduling" for over a month.
I have tried calling 1-800 number, and done infopass, but nobody has been able to give me a straight answer as to why are they not scheduling my application for interview.
Would asking my state senator to expedite my application process help?

Appreciate any answers from Immigration lawyers!

1. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

4

1

Answered . No it won't. Schedule an info pass. That's the best way. You cannot rush the government -- you're going to have to wait. You may want to consider speaking with an attorney about your case.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . No, that hardly ever really helps and especially not in your case where the "wait" or "delay" really amounts to not even a pack of beans in the Immigration world.

3. Nelson Antonio Madrid

4

Answered . Patience is a virtue especially when dealing with USCIS. There is no rhyme or reason. Give it some more time. The fact that your wife was scheduled and you have not been is not out of the ordinary. It is not something that would concern me at this time.

4. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

4

Answered . No, a Senator or Representative would be of no help. Their inquiry serves only to have your file pulled and report back to you what has already happened. This process serves only to disrupt the next step you are waiting for.

5. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . Three months is not a long wait at all, and the fact that your wife got scheduled before you is not an adequate basis to get your case expedited.