N400 / Oath ceremony question: Is there a way to have your Oath Ceremony expedited for USCIS Office in Norfolk, VA?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Richmond, VA

I applied for a federal job for which US Citizenship is required. I have an interview with the hiring manager this Tuesday, November 13th, 2012. My naturalization interview is on November 14th, 2012. If all goes well, and the hiring manager makes me an offer, I would probably start the position on December 1st, 2012. However, for me to work in this role, I have to be a U.S. Citizen. Is there anyway I can request to take my oath ceremony early? If so, do they usually accomodate you?

Thank you

1. Veronica Tunitsky

Answered . Did you go through usajobs.org in your application? Did you answer 'yes' to 'are you a us citizen' question?