N400 / Oath ceremony question: Is there a way to have your Oath Ceremony expedited for USCIS Office in Norfolk, VA?

Richmond, VA |

I applied for a federal job for which US Citizenship is required. I have an interview with the hiring manager this Tuesday, November 13th, 2012. My naturalization interview is on November 14th, 2012. If all goes well, and the hiring manager makes me an offer, I would probably start the position on December 1st, 2012. However, for me to work in this role, I have to be a U.S. Citizen. Is there anyway I can request to take my oath ceremony early? If so, do they usually accomodate you?

Thank you

1. Did you go through usajobs.org in your application? Did you answer 'yes' to 'are you a us citizen' question?

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.