N400 - I dont remember all the places where I have lived or when I did. I only use 2 permanent addresses, would that be okay?

Asked about 1 year ago - Monroe, LA

I have basically lived in 10 different places, all less than a year with each other. I don't remember the dates or even the addresses that I used. I did have two permanent addresses, would that be okay?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Don't create confusion or needless complications .. Do your best to "guesstimate" the dates and places in question. It's an "honor" system..

2. Leda Guiqin Fan

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that it is do your best system based on what you have. However, it is better to rely on some paper trail you left throughout the years than very vague or possible conflicting information from what has been gathered on you. There are a number of documentary trails you can track. In general, N-400 should be a straightforward application and can be done by applicants themselves. However, depending on each person's own situation, it can be quite dangerous to do it on your own. It can come down as simple as entering your past addresses.

3. Gabriel Nathan Schwartz

2

Answered . Sometimes your credit report will assist with addresses you have lived at. Try pulling it for free online and see what you get.

4. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague --- the main thing is to have proper county and state as that is one way the background check is done.