N-652 naturalization Interview Result- *Passed the test English and U.S. History

Clarksville, IN |

Feb. 1, 2013, today had my interview and test for my application of my Naturalization. It says, “a decision cannot yet be made about your application.”

In my permanent resident card, it shows that I was originally resident Feb. 6, 2008. She did mention that technically I'm not resident for 5 years, which I understand.

Does anyone know if an immigration officer will really have to wait until that 5 years date, or will they at least let you know you are approved, but have to wait until the date when you are a 5-year permanent resident? Or do they at least let someone be approved for naturalization even if they haven't technically been 5 years even for certain days. Please help, I just want make sure I'm not alone on this one.

As I posted in answer to your other question, a petition cannot be granted unless ALL the requirements are met. That includes being a legal permanent resident for 5 years.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

ctusMar Chain-Thank you

Be patient and wait for the decision. They have 120 days to make a decision.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks John.

No, the officer is not required to wait to issue a decision until the time frame you are mentioning. If you made the application too early, most likely it will be denied, but the USCIS officer could be wrong. You could reapply at a later date though should this happen. Best Wishes!