N-652: A decision cannot yet be made about my application

Brooklyn, NY |

Hi again,today its been 8 days since my interview,and still no answer from USCIS,and they never update my online N400 case its still on the same spot,I'm very concern about last night incident,me and my friend,who is a car dealer was riding in his car,and all over sudden cops stopped us point gun at us took me off from car and handcuff me,and he said that plate number is stolen,but a I was passenger not driver,My friend who is a dealer bought that plate from other guy and he had no Idea that the plate was stolen,they took us to police station,and after like 2 hours cop came and he said that I'm free to go,but not my friend,they did not took my finger print or photo,and they did not gave me any paper they just released me,I asked officer if its gonna be on my record he said no,nothing on you...

I never been arrested before and dont have conflict with law,no criminal record on me. But anyway just wanted to ask professionals and published my question here, Should I worried about it ? Is USCIS gonna find out about it ? Was it arrest ? For the future what should I answer on any application if question comes like have you ever been arrested/detained staff like that ? Im very upset about it i would really appriciate your answer thank you!!!

1. You will probably be OK.

Talking to a lawyer about this, and the fact that it has been 8 days w/o news from CIS would be a good idea.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. USCIS has 120 days to make a decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. In my opinion, I do not think the two are necessarily related. 8 days is like one second in the world of immigration.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

4. You were arrested and taken into custody. This will need to be disclosed to USCIS. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

5. You are obligated to report the incident to USCIS. I strongly suggest you consult with an immigration attorney. Furthermore, if USCIS requests that you appear for a second interview, I recommend that you go with an immigration attorney to such an interview.

Do not fail to inform USCIS of the arrest (that's what it was - you were arrested). If you fail to do so, you could lose the opportunity to become a citizen for at least five years.

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at ConroyImmigration.com. Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.