N-652: A decision cannot yet be made about my application

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hi again,today its been 8 days since my interview,and still no answer from USCIS,and they never update my online N400 case its still on the same spot,I'm very concern about last night incident,me and my friend,who is a car dealer was riding in his car,and all over sudden cops stopped us point gun at us took me off from car and handcuff me,and he said that plate number is stolen,but a I was passenger not driver,My friend who is a dealer bought that plate from other guy and he had no Idea that the plate was stolen,they took us to police station,and after like 2 hours cop came and he said that I'm free to go,but not my friend,they did not took my finger print or photo,and they did not gave me any paper they just released me,I asked officer if its gonna be on my record he said no,nothing on you...

I never been arrested before and dont have conflict with law,no criminal record on me. But anyway just wanted to ask professionals and published my question here, Should I worried about it ? Is USCIS gonna find out about it ? Was it arrest ? For the future what should I answer on any application if question comes like have you ever been arrested/detained staff like that ? Im very upset about it i would really appriciate your answer thank you!!!

1. Charles Richard Conroy

Pro

3

Answered . You are obligated to report the incident to USCIS. I strongly suggest you consult with an immigration attorney. Furthermore, if USCIS requests that you appear for a second interview, I recommend that you go with an immigration attorney to such an interview.

Do not fail to inform USCIS of the arrest (that's what it was - you were arrested). If you fail to do so, you could lose the opportunity to become a citizen for at least five years.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . USCIS has 120 days to make a decision.

3. Irene Vaisman

1

Answered . In my opinion, I do not think the two are necessarily related. 8 days is like one second in the world of immigration.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . You will probably be OK.

Talking to a lawyer about this, and the fact that it has been 8 days w/o news from CIS would be a good idea.

5. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

2

Answered . You were arrested and taken into custody. This will need to be disclosed to USCIS. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.