N-400 Spouse Immigration status?

I'm filling out a N-400 to apply for naturilazation here in the USA. Where it says "Spouse Immigration status" what should i put if my spouse is undocumented. He came from Mexico and he crossed the border. What should i put for the answer?

Fresno, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA


Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

You should meet with an attorney. Some immigration offices could say that you are 'harboring' your spouse and, accordingly, do not possess the good moral character required to become a US citizen.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

No need to repost. Read my answer on your previous post.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.