N-400 pending & then conviction

i file N-400 based on married to u.s. citizen.i am green card holder since 2006.in 2012 i get covicted class D felony of fraud which is MORAL TURPETUTE using credit card.i pay fine to the court and 9 months suspended jail time.but now uscis send me a letter for N-400 aplication, have me a finger print taken . i don,t know what sholud i do?

Goshen, IN -

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

You can ignore the request and abandon your application or write a letter and withdraw your application. Depending on the circumstances of the crime, the sentence imposed, and the dollar amount involved in the fraud, you may be facing removal (deportation) proceedings once the immigration authorities find out you have been convicted. You may be able to avoid trouble but need the help of an experienced attorney now.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleague.

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

Write a letter ot withdraw your application it will be denied.