N 400 part 8 question 16

Jamaica, NY |

I answered "No" depending on the instructions which says that I don't need to provide documentation if the ticket is not because drugs or alcohol, and if the fines less than $500 and points on the license, but I had a ticket for safety belt front passenger not driver and I was wearing it but the officer didn't see it, so I asked for hearing and I wasn't guilty. so i didn't say yes to this question did I do a mistake or not, and if yes should I mention that in the interview or it will affect the acceptance of my case?

Seat belt ticket? Not an issue. Were you arrested? (i doubt it, but if you were need to disclose). You can mention the ticket to the officer during the interview, but it was a seatbelt ticket and you paid a fine, it is not a big deal. If you have any other issues, hire an attorney to do to an interview with you. Good Luck!

2. You can mention it during your interview, prior to being placed.under oath, but that's no big deal at all: it involved an alleged traffic violation which was dismissed anyway. Those do not count.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Were you arrested in relation to this incident? If you were arrested, then you need to explain this to USCIS, even if you were found not guilty. If you were not arrested, and if you were found not guilty of the charge, then it appears that you will not have problems. Best of luck.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.