N-400 Naturalization form - I became a US citizen about 15 yrs ago, need info from my adjudicated N-400 filed with USCIS (INS)

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

Applying for OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), they require some past travel & residence date details (very bureaucratic) at Indian Consulate. I don't remember this info but it is on my N-400. Where do they store old, adjudicated N-400 application forms : in my A-file at the Regional Service Center (or NBC Missouri) or the US District Court or scanned it in INS database ?

Is it easy for USCIS to retrive ? What is the best way to get it ? Would it take long ?


Attorney answers (4)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You will need to file a FOIA request

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Please file a Freedom of Information Act request. See the link below....


  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Do a FOIA. There is no filing fees for the application. The fallback is it takes a long time to get your file if you are placed under a non priority category.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  4. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . you have to do what's called a Freedom of Information Act request with CIS or FOIA. takes about 6 months. Comes to you on a CD.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,000 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,000 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering