N-400 Naturalization form - I became a US citizen about 15 yrs ago, need info from my adjudicated N-400 filed with USCIS (INS)

Santa Ana, CA |

Applying for OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), they require some past travel & residence date details (very bureaucratic) at Indian Consulate. I don't remember this info but it is on my N-400. Where do they store old, adjudicated N-400 application forms : in my A-file at the Regional Service Center (or NBC Missouri) or the US District Court or scanned it in INS database ?

Is it easy for USCIS to retrive ? What is the best way to get it ? Would it take long ?

Thanks.

1. you have to do what's called a Freedom of Information Act request with CIS or FOIA. takes about 6 months. Comes to you on a CD.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. You will need to file a FOIA request

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Please file a Freedom of Information Act request. See the link below....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5c9ab75d8e5e6310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=5c9ab75d8e5e6310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

4. I agree with my colleagues. Do a FOIA. There is no filing fees for the application. The fallback is it takes a long time to get your file if you are placed under a non priority category.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.