N-400 Naturalization form - I became a US citizen about 15 yrs ago, need info from my adjudicated N-400 filed with USCIS (INS)

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

Applying for OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), they require some past travel & residence date details (very bureaucratic) at Indian Consulate. I don't remember this info but it is on my N-400. Where do they store old, adjudicated N-400 application forms : in my A-file at the Regional Service Center (or NBC Missouri) or the US District Court or scanned it in INS database ?

Is it easy for USCIS to retrive ? What is the best way to get it ? Would it take long ?

Thanks.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You will need to file a FOIA request

2. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

Answered . Please file a Freedom of Information Act request. See the link below....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Do a FOIA. There is no filing fees for the application. The fallback is it takes a long time to get your file if you are placed under a non priority category.

4. Irene Vaisman

1

Answered . you have to do what's called a Freedom of Information Act request with CIS or FOIA. takes about 6 months. Comes to you on a CD.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.