N-400 interview questions!

Asked 5 months ago - Englewood, NJ

I have N-400 interview(based on marriage) coming up soon. Should I order tax transcripts or should i take copy of the tax returns I sent originally with my N-400 application? I live with my wife at her parents house. Is it enough to have my father-in-law write me a letter stating that we both live with them as a proof residence?
Thank you very much,

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, to all of the above, keep all the documents in your briefcase, and only show if and when asked. Not until and not unless.

2. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . It does not hurt to order the transcripts and have them with you. Hopefully, you ran your intention of naturalizing by a lawyer first. Good luck.

3. Robin Jean Gray

Pro

2

Answered . You can bring copies of the tax returns with you. That would be fine. A letter from your father-in-law would also be good to bring to the interview.

This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.
  4. Eric M. Mark

Pro

1

Answered . Tax returns are fine (they must be signed). A letter from your father in law is probably not enough evidence to prove joint residence. YOu should consult with a lawyer for some guidance.

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, bring the documents you are able to to the interview and show them when asked.

6. Zhulmira Enith Paredes

1

Answered . Copies of your tax returns are fine. In addition to the letter written by your father-in-law, any mail that you and your wife receive at that address would also help to show joint residence.