N-400 form

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, OH

I was a student and had a parking permit but forgot to display it because I was driving my husband's car. It was on university territory. I paid the $5. Is this considered a citation and do I have to list it on the N-400 form?
I also got a $10 ticket ( I paid it ) for going over by 3 min on a public coin meter, it was again my husband's car. Is this a citation as well and list it on the N-400 form?
The last thing, my car got towed because I parked in a perking lot that was for customers only. It was in the after hours ( after 7 pm) but somehow my car got still towed. I paid that and got my car back. Is this considered a citation and to I have to list that on the N-400 form.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your post is serious and not a practical joke, none of those is a citation

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not necessary. However, I always recommend that N-400 applicants hire an attorney to at least review the filing AND THE PERSON'S IMMIGRATION HISTORY to make sure there are not hidden problems. When USCIS reviews an N-400, it looks at the entire history, looks for reasons the green card should not have been approved, looks for any evidence of misrepresentation at any time in the immigration history, etc. It takes a trained eye sometimes to identify such things. AVVO is filled with questions from people whose N-400 interviews ended in losing their green card.

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Non-moving violations such as parking tickets are not an issue for a decision on naturalization. you may mention them to the immigration officer at the interview but there is no need to list them.


  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You do not need to disclose that information on your N-400 but if you feel that you need assistance with your citizenship, contact an attorney or a non-profit organization for help.

Related Topics

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Citizenship application

Filing your citizenship application is the first step towards becoming a US citizen. This form is officially known as the N-400 Application for Naturalization.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,668 answers this week

3,920 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,668 answers this week

3,920 attorneys answering