N-400 form

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I was a student and had a parking permit but forgot to display it because I was driving my husband's car. It was on university territory. I paid the $5. Is this considered a citation and do I have to list it on the N-400 form?
I also got a $10 ticket ( I paid it ) for going over by 3 min on a public coin meter, it was again my husband's car. Is this a citation as well and list it on the N-400 form?
The last thing, my car got towed because I parked in a perking lot that was for customers only. It was in the after hours ( after 7 pm) but somehow my car got still towed. I paid that and got my car back. Is this considered a citation and to I have to list that on the N-400 form.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . If your post is serious and not a practical joke, none of those is a citation

2. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

Answered . Not necessary. However, I always recommend that N-400 applicants hire an attorney to at least review the filing AND THE PERSON'S IMMIGRATION HISTORY to make sure there are not hidden problems. When USCIS reviews an N-400, it looks at the entire history, looks for reasons the green card should not have been approved, looks for any evidence of misrepresentation at any time in the immigration history, etc. It takes a trained eye sometimes to identify such things. AVVO is filled with questions from people whose N-400 interviews ended in losing their green card.

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . Non-moving violations such as parking tickets are not an issue for a decision on naturalization. you may mention them to the immigration officer at the interview but there is no need to list them.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

4. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

3

Answered . You do not need to disclose that information on your N-400 but if you feel that you need assistance with your citizenship, contact an attorney or a non-profit organization for help.