N-400 Filing for citizenship based on marriage to a US citizen

Asked about 2 years ago - Boston, MA

I'm filing for citizenship based on my marriage. My wife and I have been living together continuesly since becoming a PR. She is planning to visit her family and stay 2 months. Would that affect anything with the process for citizenship? It's now 2 years and 9 months since becoming a PR and this is the first time she visits her family since I became a PR. Thanks

1. Gintare Grigaite

8

Answered . No, everything seems fine. As this is marriage based N-400, both of you are expected to attend the interview.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

8

Answered . Not a problem ... other than that she needs to come to the interview in 3-6 months.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

6

Answered . You will be fine. Your spouse must attend the interview with you.

4. Namita Agarwal

2

Answered . No this should not be a problem, as long as your wife is available and present at the interview, as it will be expected that you both attend.