N-400 Filing for citizenship based on marriage to a US citizen

Boston, MA |

I'm filing for citizenship based on my marriage. My wife and I have been living together continuesly since becoming a PR. She is planning to visit her family and stay 2 months. Would that affect anything with the process for citizenship? It's now 2 years and 9 months since becoming a PR and this is the first time she visits her family since I became a PR. Thanks

No, everything seems fine. As this is marriage based N-400, both of you are expected to attend the interview.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Not a problem ... other than that she needs to come to the interview in 3-6 months.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

You will be fine. Your spouse must attend the interview with you.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

No this should not be a problem, as long as your wife is available and present at the interview, as it will be expected that you both attend.

Marriage and prenups topics