N-400 Countries visited

Dallas, TX |

Hello,

I am currently filling out the portion of the N-400 application for naturalization where I need to list all of the countries that I have visited. Do I need to mention each of the countries that I transited through (i.e. changed planes in), or only the ones in which I cleared customs and immigration?

Thank you for your time!

1. Where you cleared customs.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. You must disclose all countries where you cleared customs and immigration.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

3. Yes, you need to be detailed and truthful, that is if you want to become a citizen.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.