N-400: Yellow Letter: Does it mean that background check is complete?

Philadelphia, PA |

N-400: My online status states that I am in queue to be scheduled for naturalization interview. I just received a yellow letter, asking me to bring my driver's license. Does this mean, that my background check is complete?
I ask, because my name check at the time of my green card application took about 2.5 years....

Thanks in advance!

It means you are going for an interview. Congratulations!

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

What do you say about the fact that its almost 4 weeks, and I haven't got an interview letter yet!

I agree with my colleague. Congratulations!

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

The yellow notice means that they are ready to schedule you for an interview after preliminary checks.

Abraham B. Cardenas, Esquire Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. Florida Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, LLC 8150 SW 8th Street, Suite 122 Miami, Florida 33144 (786) 347-1605 Pennsylvania Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. 18 S George Street, Suite 615 York, PA 17401 (717) 854-6400 Office Phone (866) 353-5570 Fax Number www.CardenasLawFirm.com (English) www.ConsultoriaJuridica.com (Spanish) The posting on this web site for viewing by potential clients or others interested in learning about legal topics does not create an attorney-client relationship. The fact that an attorney may informally answer general E-Mail questions does not create an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Abraham B. Cardenas is licensed to practice only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and practices immigration law throughout the United States. This web post is for informational purposes only. An attorney-client relationship is formed only after the potential client meets with an attorney AND has paid the appropriate retainer fee.