N 400 - Tax Return Transcript Question.

90210 |

Before my current 5 year continious residence period, I was out for 2 years with re-entry permit.

I belive if you are out on reentry permit, regardless of it being before 5 years, one has to submit tax return transcrips for last 5 years with application, correct me if I am wrong?

Q1: For a couple of yrs I made no money and my dad supported me and I was a dependant on a couple of my dads returns, and dependants dont get transcripts only filer gets so how can I get my transcripts???? Is it ok to submit my dads transcripts showing my info on it???

Q2: What I dont undetand is, how can my last 5 year transcript prove anything about my 6 year old reentry trip abroad(IRS only gives last 4 transcripts(i.e 5 yrs period))??

Please advice, thanks!

1. If you were not required to file the tax returns by USCIS, why would you send it to them?

Karen Weinstock, Attorney at Law
    Managing Attorney, Atlanta Office
    Siskind Susser Immigration Lawyers
    KWeinstock@visalaw.com
    Telephone: 770-913-0800 or 866-644-0404

2. I do not know why you would want to submit all those taxes. Are you trying to establish intent to not abandon your card? I am concerned about your total time out of the US however, but am guessing you have already addressed that issue.

Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.